I believe all people are inherently musical. We are musical beings; music is part of our make-up as individuals and integral to our communities. Music helps us to connect with ourselves, others, and the natural world. The study of music helps students gain confidence, express emotion, improve communication skills, develop the ability to focus, identify patterns, and integrate knowledge from a variety of fields. Music is one of the most valuable activities a person can do.
I work with students individually and in group classes, in-person and online, guiding them in a self-discovery of musical concepts. My mentorship provides an accepting, nurturing and encouraging, yet disciplined, relationship that helps students aspire toward excellence and achieve success in their piano playing and composing. Students have the opportunity to collaborate with others through group lessons and share their work at year-end recitals. Additionally, I will advise students on further activities that will aid their growth and help them toward their goals.
I am currently accepting students of all ages in piano and theory/counterpoint/composition. Lessons are given in half-hour and hour-long increments. Lessons are available in-person or online. (I am located in Rhode Island.)
My current rate is $35 per half-hour for private lessons. Stay tuned for more info on group lesson offerings!
My teaching credentials include:
- Over 25 years’ experience teaching privately
- Experience teaching students of all ages and abilities
- Experience teaching neurodiverse students with ADHD, dyslexia, and autism
- Induction into Phi Kappa Lambda, the National Music Honor Society
- Recipient of the President’s Award in Elementary Education at the University of Rhode Island
- Students score highly in state solo/ensemble festival
- Students accepted into elite ensembles such as All-State Band, Rhode Island Youth Wind Ensemble, Festival Youth Orchestra at New England Conservatory
- Students accepted into college music programs for performance and composition
- Demonstrated high level of musical skill through my professional work as a collaborative pianist and composer